· A fine-grained variegated chalcedony, its colours arranged in stripes, blended in clouds, or showing moss like forms
· Ribbed, lenticular or globoid part resembling the amalaka (Indian gooseberry fruit) crowning the top of the North Indian style shikhara.
· Semi-hall in front of the temple
· Guardians of the eight directions
· Circular embossed decorations, usually in stone of contrasting colours located on either side of an arch and within the spandrels
· A pointed tool of flint or stone with a transverse edge made by the removal of one or more flakes.
12.Chahar Bagh :
13.Chaitya : (2013 prelims)
· Place of congregation and worship.
14.Chevron Patterning :
16. Dado panel :
· Lower part of the interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest of the wall.
· Some excellent examples are Jamali Kamali tomb in Mehrauli and Turkish Sultan’s palace in Fatehpur Sikri, Agra.
17. Intaglio :
· First sermon by Buddha at Sarnath near Varanasi .
19.Encaustic tile work:
· Inlay in ceramics .
· Blue-coloured artificial glass-like material.
· Big land-owner or big farmer involved in farming and trade
· Sanctum sanctorum
· Main gateway; the storeyed structure over the entrance or entrances through the enclosing walls to the premises of a temple, palace, or city
· Turkish public bath for massage and sauna .
25. Harmika :